Banco do Brasil sligthly beats forecast despite higher provision
SAO PAULO Nov 8 (Reuters) - State-controlled Banco do Brasil, the nation's largest lender, reported on Thursday third-quarter profit that slightly beat analysts' estimates, even as provisions on bad loans exceeded expectations.
Banco do Brasil posted recurring net income, or profit excluding one-off items, of 2.657 billion reais ($1.31 billion),
compared with an average estimate of 2.634 billion reais in a Reuters poll of seven analysts.
The bank reported recurring profit of 2.573 billion reais a year earlier and 2.986 billion reais in the second quarter of this year.
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Wall Street drops, S&P on track for worst day since April
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |