Dean Foods profit beats estimates; CFO to step down
Nov 8 (Reuters) - Dean Foods Co reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit as gross margins improved, and the dairy company said it had appointed a new chief financial officer.
Dean Foods said Chris Bellairs will take over as CFO from Shaun Mara who is stepping down.
The company reported net income $36.4 million, or 20 cents per share, for the third quarter, compared with a net loss of $1.5 billion, or $8.39 per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, it earned 33 cents per share.
Sales fell 8 percent to $3.1 billion.
Analysts were expecting earnings of 26 cents per share, on revenue of $3.23 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data