Dean Foods profit beats estimates; CFO to step down
Nov 8 (Reuters) - Dean Foods Co reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit as gross margins improved, and the dairy company said it had appointed a new chief financial officer.
Dean Foods said Chris Bellairs will take over as CFO from Shaun Mara who is stepping down.
The company reported net income $36.4 million, or 20 cents per share, for the third quarter, compared with a net loss of $1.5 billion, or $8.39 per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, it earned 33 cents per share.
Sales fell 8 percent to $3.1 billion.
Analysts were expecting earnings of 26 cents per share, on revenue of $3.23 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South