ESPN lifts Disney quarterly profit
LOS ANGELES Nov 8 (Reuters) - Media giant Walt Disney Co posted higher quarterly profit on Thursday, helped by higher revenue collected by sports network ESPN.
The entertainment and theme park company reported diluted earnings per share of 68 cents for the quarter that ended in September, a gain from 58 cents a year earlier. Net income rose 14 percent to $1.2 billion.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections