BRIEF-Duke Energy CEO Jim Rogers says "we're on the way" to integrating Progress, Duke
Nov 8 (Reuters) - Duke Energy Corp : * CEO jim Rogers says "we're on the way" to integrating progress, Duke * Says has not increased natural gas hedging in recent months, no plans to
increase hedging * CEO believes low natural gas prices, not politics, affecting coal markets * CEO believes coal will power roughly 35 percent to 40 percent of U.S.
electricity by end of 2012 * CEO says will keep 2,900 Duke employees in new york/new Jersey region to
asset in utility repairs * CEO says will stay in role "at the pleasure of the board," says "65, in my
judgement, is the new 55"
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients