Optician Fielmann eyes hearing aid growth after Q3 sales rise
FRANKFURT Nov 8 (Reuters) - German optician and glasses retailer Fielmann said it expected growth from hearing aids, contact lenses and prescription sunglasses as it reported a 5 percent increase in sales for the third quarter.
The company reported third-quarter pretax profit of 54.4 million euros ($69.6 million) on sales of sales of 285.6 million. Analysts had been expecting sales of 287 million euros and profit of 55.4 million, according to a Reuters poll.
Fielmann also confirmed a target to increase market share in 2012. ($1 = 0.7812 euros) (Reporting by Victoria Bryan, Edited by Madeline Chambers)
- U.S.' Kerry voices 'regret' to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |