Optician Fielmann eyes hearing aid growth after Q3 sales rise
FRANKFURT Nov 8 (Reuters) - German optician and glasses retailer Fielmann said it expected growth from hearing aids, contact lenses and prescription sunglasses as it reported a 5 percent increase in sales for the third quarter.
The company reported third-quarter pretax profit of 54.4 million euros ($69.6 million) on sales of sales of 285.6 million. Analysts had been expecting sales of 287 million euros and profit of 55.4 million, according to a Reuters poll.
Fielmann also confirmed a target to increase market share in 2012. ($1 = 0.7812 euros) (Reporting by Victoria Bryan, Edited by Madeline Chambers)
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details