KKR, Allegro agree to buy loan portfolio from Lloyds unit
HONG KONG Nov 8 (Reuters) - KKR & Co L.P. and Australia's Allegro Funds have agreed to buy a portfolio of commercial loans from BOS International, a unit of Lloyds International Pty, KKR and Allegro said in a statement.
KKR made the acquisition, for an undisclosed amount, through its special situations business.
Earlier this year, Lloyds sold a $1.2 billion portfolio of distressed property loans to Morgan Stanley and Blackstone Group, as part of the UK lender's plans to wind down non-core assets.
Lloyds inherited those assets when it acquired HBOS in 2008, including the Bank of Scotland and its international unit, BOS International.
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |