KKR, Allegro agree to buy loan portfolio from Lloyds unit
HONG KONG Nov 8 (Reuters) - KKR & Co L.P. and Australia's Allegro Funds have agreed to buy a portfolio of commercial loans from BOS International, a unit of Lloyds International Pty, KKR and Allegro said in a statement.
KKR made the acquisition, for an undisclosed amount, through its special situations business.
Earlier this year, Lloyds sold a $1.2 billion portfolio of distressed property loans to Morgan Stanley and Blackstone Group, as part of the UK lender's plans to wind down non-core assets.
Lloyds inherited those assets when it acquired HBOS in 2008, including the Bank of Scotland and its international unit, BOS International.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message