Komercni Q3 profit soars on plunge in provisioning
PRAGUE Nov 8 (Reuters) - Czech lender Komercni Banka's third-quarter net profit more than doubled to 3.32 billion crowns ($166.44 million), thanks to a sharp drop in provisions for losses on loans and securities.
The profit figure was just below expectations for 3.47 billion in a Reuters poll, but well above last year's result which was distorted by a large impairment charge on Greek government bonds the bank held.
Provisions at the country's third-largest bank by assets fell by 87.4 percent year-on-year to 365 million crowns in the third quarter. ($1 = 19.9173 Czech crowns) (Reporting by Jana Mlcochova; Editing by Jason Hovet)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident