Lenovo expects its China smartphone business to be profitable soon
HONG KONG Nov 8 (Reuters) - Lenovo Group Ltd, on track to become the world's No.1 PC maker, expects its China smartphone business to become profitable in the next couple of quarters, its CEO Yang Yuanqing said on Thursday.
Lenovo's smartphones, such as LePhones, have gained traction in China with the PC maker ranking second in terms of market share in the second quarter, behind Samsung, IDC data showed.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets