Lenovo expects its China smartphone business to be profitable soon
HONG KONG Nov 8 (Reuters) - Lenovo Group Ltd, on track to become the world's No.1 PC maker, expects its China smartphone business to become profitable in the next couple of quarters, its CEO Yang Yuanqing said on Thursday.
Lenovo's smartphones, such as LePhones, have gained traction in China with the PC maker ranking second in terms of market share in the second quarter, behind Samsung, IDC data showed.
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Obama to deploy 3,000 troops as Eboola crisis worsens
- World stocks hit one-month low, caution ahead of Fed
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Ahead of independence vote, Britain pledges state funding to Scotland