Wuhan contract to build Brazilian steel mill lapsed, LLX says
RIO DE JANEIRO
RIO DE JANEIRO Nov 8 (Reuters) - China's Wuhan Iron & Steel Co Ltd no longer has a contract to build a 5 million tonne a year steel mill at the Port of Açu northeast of Rio de Janeiro, LLX Logistica SA the port's owner, told Reuters on Thursday.
Wuhan, China's No. 4 steelmaker, let the contract lapse several months ago, Rio de Janerio-based LLX said. LLX is controlled by Brazilian billionaire Eike Batista.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command