Magna profit jumps on gains from acquisition
Nov 8 (Reuters) - Magna International Inc, one of the world's biggest auto parts manufacturers, said third-quarter profit nearly quadrupled on gains related to its purchase of the minority stake in its electric car business.
Net income attributable to Magna rose to $390 million, or $1.66 per share, from $102 million, or 42 cents per share, a year earlier.
The company, which also assembles complete vehicles, said sales rose 6.3 percent to $7.41 billion.
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |