Manitoba Telecom profit rises
Nov 8 (Reuters) - Canada's Manitoba Telecom Services Inc , which is mulling the sale of its Allstream business, said third-quarter profit rose on higher demand for its wireless, broadband and IPTV services.
Net earnings rose 10 percent to C$40.8 million ($40.97 million), or 61 Canadian cents a share, from C$37 million, or 56 Canadian cents, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 4 percent to C$424.3 million, hurt by lower sales in its Allstream business.
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Global stocks rise, yen slips after peaceful Crimea vote |