European shares pare gains; Italian shares drop
PARIS Nov 8 (Reuters) - European stocks pared gains and turned flat in late trade on Thursday, with Italian shares among the worst hit as brewing concerns over the euro zone debt crisis kept investors on edge.
At 1536 GMT, the FTSEurofirst 300 index of top European shares was flat at 1,099.31 points, with Milan's FTSE MIB down 0.8 percent.
Enel was down 2.1 percent and Banco Popolare down 1.9 percent.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Russia's Putin accuses U.S. of damaging world order