European shares pare gains; Italian shares drop
PARIS Nov 8 (Reuters) - European stocks pared gains and turned flat in late trade on Thursday, with Italian shares among the worst hit as brewing concerns over the euro zone debt crisis kept investors on edge.
At 1536 GMT, the FTSEurofirst 300 index of top European shares was flat at 1,099.31 points, with Milan's FTSE MIB down 0.8 percent.
Enel was down 2.1 percent and Banco Popolare down 1.9 percent.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane-sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia ships troops into Ukraine, repeats invasion threat |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics