Nobel Biocare Q3 net profit beats poll
ZURICH Nov 8 (Reuters) - Swiss dental implant maker Nobel Biocare said it had been able to catch up with peers in the third quarter as it reported better-than-expected net profit.
The company swung to a net profit of 7 million euros ($8.93 million) from a loss of 2.2 million a year ago. Analysts in a Reuters poll had forecast net profit of 5.4 million euros.
The company still expects a modest decline in the global dental market for 2012 as high unemployment and a bleak economic outlook hit consumer confidence, it said.
($1 = 0.7840 euros) (Reporting by Silke Koltrowitz)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Talks optimism fades as Ukraine says Russia makes new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers