Statoil denies interest in Whiting Petroleum
OSLO Nov 8 (Reuters) - Norwegian oil and gas firm Statoil is not interested in buying Whiting Petroleum and any speculation about its interest was "unfounded and plain wrong," the company said on Thursday.
"We can deny any speculations about Statoil being interested in buying Whiting Petroleum. The speculations are unfounded and plain wrong," the firm said in a statement.
The company's comments come after benzinga.com said Statoil may be considering a bid at $65 per share, well above the stock's previous close at just over $42.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image