Sandy damages, losses estimated at $50 bln - NY governor
NEW YORK Nov 8 (Reuters) - Superstorm Sandy caused an estimated $50 billion in damages and economic losses for the U.S. Northeast region, with New York state sustaining $33 billion in damages, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said on Thursday.
"That is a staggering number, especially with the financial situation we've been in," Cuomo told a news conference.
- Vice principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- East Ukraine separatists stay put despite diplomatic deal |
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach