Swisscom cuts earnings outlook as Q3 net misses poll
* Q3 net income 458 mln Sfr vs 482 mln Sfr in poll
* Q3 net revenue 2.8 bln Sfr, in line with poll
* Cuts FY EBITDA outlook to 4.35 bln Sfr from 4.4 bln Sfr
ZURICH, Nov 8 (Reuters) - Swiss telecom company Swisscom cut its full-year outlook again after third-quarter net income fell more than expected as strong demand for its mobile offerings failed to offset price erosion in its Swiss core business.
Net income after minorities fell to 458 million Swiss francs between July and September, from 564 million francs in the year-ago period, lagging the 482 million franc forecast in a Reuters poll.
Swisscom said it revised its earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation figure down for the full-year to 4.35 billion Swiss francs, from 4.4 billion as a consequence of 100 job cuts announced last month. (Reporting by Silke Koltrowitz)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter