Turkey's Akbank Q3 net profit soars 69 pct, above f'cast
ISTANBUL Nov 8 (Reuters) - Turkish lender Akbank said its third-quarter net profit jumped 69 percent to 779.2 million lira ($436.3 million)from the same period a year ago, beating a Reuters poll forecast of 739 million lira.
The bank's net profit rose from 459.9 million lira in the same periof a year ago.
Loans and receivables increased 21 percent to 85.39 billion lira ($47.8 billion) at the end of the third quarter from the end of 2011, the bank's financial results showed on Thursday.
($1 = 1.7859 Turkish liras) (Writing by Ece Toksabay)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |