UPDATE 1-Turkey's Akbank Q3 net profit soars 69 pct, above f'cast
ISTANBUL Nov 8 (Reuters) - Turkish lender Akbank , partly owned by Citigroup, on Thursday said that its third-quarter net profit climbed 69 percent on the back of trading income.
The net profit of 779.2 million Turkish lira ($436.3 million) beat an average forecast of 739 million lira in a Reuters poll of analysts.
The bank registered trading income of 167.7 million, compared with a trading loss of 53 million lira in the same period a year ago.
Shares in Akbank were up 1.65 percent at 8.62 lira by 1225 GMT.
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official