UPDATE 1-Turkey's Akbank Q3 net profit soars 69 pct, above f'cast
ISTANBUL Nov 8 (Reuters) - Turkish lender Akbank , partly owned by Citigroup, on Thursday said that its third-quarter net profit climbed 69 percent on the back of trading income.
The net profit of 779.2 million Turkish lira ($436.3 million) beat an average forecast of 739 million lira in a Reuters poll of analysts.
The bank registered trading income of 167.7 million, compared with a trading loss of 53 million lira in the same period a year ago.
Shares in Akbank were up 1.65 percent at 8.62 lira by 1225 GMT.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |