Taiwan's UMC Oct sales rise 12.4 pct on year
TAIPEI Nov 8 (Reuters) - Taiwan's UMC, the world's No.2 contract chipmaker, said on Thursday its October sales rose 12.4 percent from a year earlier.
United Microelectronics Corp (UMC) had sales of T$9.28 billion ($318.20 million) last month, compared with T$8.26 billion in the same month a year ago and T$9.11 billion in the previous month, the company said on its website.
UMC did not give further details.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter