Adidas in talks to sell ice hockey business
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - German sports apparel company Adidas (ADSGn.DE) has been approached by several parties interested in buying its ice hockey business, its chief executive said on Thursday.
"I can confirm that we are engaged in discussions but no decision has been made," Herbert Hainer told analysts after the group reported third-quarter results.
The ice hockey business is currently suffering at the moment from a lockout at the National Hockey League, which threatens to wipe out the entire season, as owners and players row over a labor deal.
(Reporting by Victoria Bryan; Editing by Maria Sheahan)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South