Lenovo expects its China smartphone business to be profitable soon
HONG KONG (Reuters) - Lenovo Group Ltd, on track to become the world's No.1 PC maker, expects its China smartphone business to become profitable in the next couple of quarters, its CEO Yang Yuanqing said on Thursday.
Lenovo's smartphones, such as LePhones, have gained traction in China with the PC maker ranking second in terms of market share in the second quarter, behind Samsung, IDC data showed.
(Reporting by Lee Chyen Yee; Editing by Anne Marie Roantree)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers