Lenovo expects its China smartphone business to be profitable soon
HONG KONG (Reuters) - Lenovo Group Ltd, on track to become the world's No.1 PC maker, expects its China smartphone business to become profitable in the next couple of quarters, its CEO Yang Yuanqing said on Thursday.
Lenovo's smartphones, such as LePhones, have gained traction in China with the PC maker ranking second in terms of market share in the second quarter, behind Samsung, IDC data showed.
(Reporting by Lee Chyen Yee; Editing by Anne Marie Roantree)
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand