Sandy damages, losses estimated at $50 billion: New York governor
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Superstorm Sandy caused an estimated $50 billion in damages and economic losses for the U.S. Northeast region, with New York state sustaining $33 billion in damages, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said on Thursday.
"That is a staggering number, especially with the financial situation we've been in," Cuomo told a news conference.
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Father of Texas 'affluenza' teen arrested for impersonating police officer
- Islamic State opens new anti-U.S. front with beheading video