Sandy damages, losses estimated at $50 billion: New York governor
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Superstorm Sandy caused an estimated $50 billion in damages and economic losses for the U.S. Northeast region, with New York state sustaining $33 billion in damages, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said on Thursday.
"That is a staggering number, especially with the financial situation we've been in," Cuomo told a news conference.
- Bike-riding nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist |
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal
- Apple's Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- Burkina army imposes interim government after crowd burns parliament |