Sandy damages, losses estimated at $50 billion: New York governor
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Superstorm Sandy caused an estimated $50 billion in damages and economic losses for the U.S. Northeast region, with New York state sustaining $33 billion in damages, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said on Thursday.
"That is a staggering number, especially with the financial situation we've been in," Cuomo told a news conference.
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source