- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- British soldier hacked to death in suspected Islamist attack
Fitch downgrades $7.6 bln of Kentucky appropriation debt
Nov 8 (Reuters) - Fitch Ratings on Thursday downgraded to A-plus from AA minus its credit rating on $7.6 billion of appropriation debt issued by the Kentucky Infrastructure Authority, turnpike authority and other agencies.
"The downgrade reflects the commonwealth's continued use of deficit financing and budget stabilization reserves to balance the operating budget despite evidence of economic and revenue recovery, in the context of high long-term liabilities," the Wall Street credit agency said.
Fitch also revised its outlook on the debt to stable from negative, according to a news release.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this