Fitch downgrades $7.6 bln of Kentucky appropriation debt
Nov 8 (Reuters) - Fitch Ratings on Thursday downgraded to A-plus from AA minus its credit rating on $7.6 billion of appropriation debt issued by the Kentucky Infrastructure Authority, turnpike authority and other agencies.
"The downgrade reflects the commonwealth's continued use of deficit financing and budget stabilization reserves to balance the operating budget despite evidence of economic and revenue recovery, in the context of high long-term liabilities," the Wall Street credit agency said.
Fitch also revised its outlook on the debt to stable from negative, according to a news release.
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV