UPDATE 1-Mexico's Walmex Oct same-store sales down 0.9 pct
MEXICO CITY Nov 8 (Reuters) - Mexico's biggest retailer, Wal-Mart de Mexico, said on Thursday that sales at its Mexican stores open for at least a year slipped 0.9 percent in October from a year ago, its first monthly decline in 19 months.
Results were a tad below expectations of a 1 percent decline in a Reuters survey of six sector analysts.
Last month had a weekend less than October of 2011, eliminating two important shopping days from the retailer's calendar.
Walmex , an affiliate of top global retailer Wal-Mart Stores Inc, said it operated 2,224 stores in Mexico and 633 in Central America at the end of September.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South