Turkey's Ziraat Q3 profit up 31 pct year-on-year
ISTANBUL Nov 8 (Reuters) - Turkey's state-owned lender Ziraat Bank posted a third-quarter net profit to 614.5 million lira ($344 million), a 31 percent rise from the same period a year earlier.
Ziraat's net profit stood at 470.5 million lira a year ago, according to a filing on Thursday.
The bank said its loans and receivables declined 4.2 percent to 68.4 billion lira in the third quarter from 71.4 billion lira at the end of 2011, while its deposits declined by 4.4 percent to 108.1 billion lira from 113.1 billion lira.
($1 = 1.7859 Turkish liras) (Writing by Ece Toksabay)
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says, as death toll nears 850 |
- Obama tells Central American leaders most children will go home
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash