Allianz confirms 2012 operating target above 9 bln eur
FRANKFURT Nov 9 (Reuters) - Allianz on Friday confirmed its 2012 target for operating profit to exceed 9 billion euros ($11.5 billion), based on initial estimates of claims from superstorm Sandy in the United States.
"This outlook considers preliminary estimates regarding the impacts of hurricane 'Sandy' as per November 8, 2012," Allianz said, warning also that claims from large catastrophes sometimes take weeks or months to be finalised.
Europe's biggest insurer had already reported headline earnings figures on Oct. 29.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens, airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory