CNOOC says confident its Nexen deal with go through
BEIJING Nov 9 (Reuters) - CNOOC Ltd, China's top offshore oil and gas producer, said on Friday it is confident of winning regulatory approval from Canada this year for its $15.1 billion bid for energy producer Nexen .
CNOOC Chairman Wang Yilin said it was normal for the Canadian government to extend its review for the bid, adding he expects the deal to be completed by year-end.
Wang was speaking to reporters at the sidelines of the Communist Party congress in Beijing.
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |