CNOOC says confident its Nexen deal with go through
BEIJING Nov 9 (Reuters) - CNOOC Ltd, China's top offshore oil and gas producer, said on Friday it is confident of winning regulatory approval from Canada this year for its $15.1 billion bid for energy producer Nexen .
CNOOC Chairman Wang Yilin said it was normal for the Canadian government to extend its review for the bid, adding he expects the deal to be completed by year-end.
Wang was speaking to reporters at the sidelines of the Communist Party congress in Beijing.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- Dementia epidemic looms with 135 million sufferers seen by 2050
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Genre-bending, 'unexpected' films top Sundance 2014 lineup
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'