CNOOC says confident its Nexen deal with go through
BEIJING Nov 9 (Reuters) - CNOOC Ltd, China's top offshore oil and gas producer, said on Friday it is confident of winning regulatory approval from Canada this year for its $15.1 billion bid for energy producer Nexen .
CNOOC Chairman Wang Yilin said it was normal for the Canadian government to extend its review for the bid, adding he expects the deal to be completed by year-end.
Wang was speaking to reporters at the sidelines of the Communist Party congress in Beijing.
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says, as death toll nears 850 |
- Obama tells Central American leaders most children will go home
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |