China Unicom says aims for 100 mln 3G users by year-end
BEIJING Nov 9 (Reuters) - China Unicom, the country's second-largest mobile carrier, aims to have 100 million 3G users by year-end, its chairman Chang Xiaobing said on Friday.
By the end of September, China Unicom had 66.86 3G users, company data showed.
The carrier, which was China's first to carry iPhones, hoped to begin selling Apple Inc's iPhone 5 by the end of the year, Chang told a news conference.
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales