China Unicom says aims for 100 mln 3G users by year-end
BEIJING Nov 9 (Reuters) - China Unicom, the country's second-largest mobile carrier, aims to have 100 million 3G users by year-end, its chairman Chang Xiaobing said on Friday.
By the end of September, China Unicom had 66.86 3G users, company data showed.
The carrier, which was China's first to carry iPhones, hoped to begin selling Apple Inc's iPhone 5 by the end of the year, Chang told a news conference.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- EU wields Russia sanctions threat but timing vague |
- Trapped peacekeepers at Golan Heights moved to secure area: Philippine military chief
- Polish president warns Germany of Putin's 'empire' ambitions