China Unicom says aims for 100 mln 3G users by year-end
BEIJING Nov 9 (Reuters) - China Unicom, the country's second-largest mobile carrier, aims to have 100 million 3G users by year-end, its chairman Chang Xiaobing said on Friday.
By the end of September, China Unicom had 66.86 3G users, company data showed.
The carrier, which was China's first to carry iPhones, hoped to begin selling Apple Inc's iPhone 5 by the end of the year, Chang told a news conference.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia