Moody's withdraws Compton, Calif. Ba1 revenue bond rating
Nov 9 (Reuters) - Moody's Investors Service late Thursday said it withdrew its Ba1 rating on Compton, California's series 1998 sewer enterprise revenue refunding bonds, affecting $4.9 million of debt, citing a lack of or inadequate information to support the rating.
In July, the agency downgraded the rating to Ba1 from A2 and warned it may further cut the rating.
"In July the city had expected to provide fiscal year 2011 financial statements with an auditor's opinion by October," Moody's said. The city said it now anticipates this would not occur until February 2013.
Although the city has produced fiscal year 2011 financial statements, the auditor declined to express an opinion on the their accuracy, the rating agency said in a statement.
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port