Canada Pension Plan board notches 1.9 pct return in Q2
TORONTO Nov 9 (Reuters) - The Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, one of the world's biggest pension funds, notched a 1.9 percent return on investments in the second quarter, as financial markets gained globally.
CPPIB, which manages Canada's national pension fund, said on Friday its assets rose to a record C$170.1 billion from C$165.8 billion three months earlier, as investment income added C$3.1 billion and net contributions to the pension fund added C$1.3 billion.
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Judge gives go-ahead for $2 billion sale of NBA's Clippers
- Jaded Argentines brace for looming debt default