Noyer says French economy flat, not in recession
LYON, France Nov 9 (Reuters) - The French economy is flat but not in recession, central bank chief Christian Noyer said on Friday.
Noyer, who is also a member of the European Central Bank's governing council, told a conference in the French city of Lyon that a package of measures announced by the government to boost industrial competitiveness was "significant" but that he was awaiting labour market reforms.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls