GBL swings to 9-month net profit on Arkema sale
BRUSSELS Nov 9 (Reuters) - Belgian holding company GBL swung to a nine-month net profit of almost one billion euros as it benefited from the sale of its stake in chemicals group Arkema and a stake in spirits maker Pernod-Ricard .
GBL said on Friday its 9-month consolidated net profit was 962 million euros ($1.22 billion), compared to a loss of 12 million euros in the same period last year.
In March GBL sold its 10.01 percent stake in Arkema . ($1 = 0.7868 euros) (Reporting By Ben Deighton; editing by Robin Emmott)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |