GBL swings to 9-month net profit on Arkema sale
BRUSSELS Nov 9 (Reuters) - Belgian holding company GBL swung to a nine-month net profit of almost one billion euros as it benefited from the sale of its stake in chemicals group Arkema and a stake in spirits maker Pernod-Ricard .
GBL said on Friday its 9-month consolidated net profit was 962 million euros ($1.22 billion), compared to a loss of 12 million euros in the same period last year.
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Afghanistan gives NYT reporter 24 hours to leave country
- Liberia police fire on protesters as West Africa's Ebola toll hits 1,350