Germany praises Greek govt's "impressive" reforms
BERLIN Nov 9 (Reuters) - Germany praised the Greek government on Friday for its political courage in pushing through parliament this week an austerity package needed to unlock vital aid and avert bankruptcy.
"The Greek government has taken a very impressive step... It approved a very comprehensive set of measures, including many important structural reforms. These will help Greece on its way to winning back competitiveness and trust," German government spokesman Steffen Seibert told reporters in Berlin.
"It is a still a long path... but the Greek government is showing determination and courage," he added.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image