Glencore takeover of Viterra delayed as China reviews deal
Nov 9 (Reuters) - Glencore International Plc's takeover of Canadian grain handler Viterra Inc may not close until as late as Dec. 10, as the companies look to clear the final regulatory hurdle.
China's Ministry of Commerce continues to review the C$6.1-billion deal ($6.1 billion) and its approval is not expected by Nov. 15, the previous closing date, Viterra said in a statement on Friday.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone