Glencore takeover of Viterra delayed as China reviews deal
Nov 9 (Reuters) - Glencore International Plc's takeover of Canadian grain handler Viterra Inc may not close until as late as Dec. 10, as the companies look to clear the final regulatory hurdle.
China's Ministry of Commerce continues to review the C$6.1-billion deal ($6.1 billion) and its approval is not expected by Nov. 15, the previous closing date, Viterra said in a statement on Friday.
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Global stocks rise, yen slips after peaceful Crimea vote |