Jefferies boosts Asia investment banking with 5 new hires
HONG KONG Nov 9 (Reuters) - Jefferies Group has expanded its Asian investment banking business with five new hires, poaching three bankers from Royal Bank of Scotland , Jefferies said in a statement on Friday.
The new hires include Sherry Liu, who joins from RBS as Chairman of Asia investment banking, and Danny Wong, who joins from Macquarie Group as head of Asia equity capital markets, the statement added.
The hiring at Jefferies comes at a time when several investment banks have been scaling back their Asian operations due to slowing deal flows and shrinking trading volumes.
- Gunman killed, three students shot in Florida university library |
- Naked outdoor protest over SeaWorld float in NY's Thanksgiving parade
- Pope to raffle gifts given to him to raise money for the poor
- Banking culture breeds dishonesty, scientific study finds
- Exclusive: U.S. to allow people from nations hit by Ebola to stay temporarily