Jefferies boosts Asia investment banking with 5 new hires
HONG KONG Nov 9 (Reuters) - Jefferies Group has expanded its Asian investment banking business with five new hires, poaching three bankers from Royal Bank of Scotland , Jefferies said in a statement on Friday.
The new hires include Sherry Liu, who joins from RBS as Chairman of Asia investment banking, and Danny Wong, who joins from Macquarie Group as head of Asia equity capital markets, the statement added.
The hiring at Jefferies comes at a time when several investment banks have been scaling back their Asian operations due to slowing deal flows and shrinking trading volumes.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |