Dollar erases losses versus yen, turns positive
NEW YORK Nov 9 (Reuters) - The dollar recouped all of its losses against the yen to trade slightly higher in late morning trade on Friday, helped by rising Treasury yields.
The dollar last traded 0.1 percent higher at 79.51 yen , off a session low of 79.06.
It had earlier come under pressure after worries about Europe prompted investors to shed riskier traders funded by cheap borrowing in the Japanese currency.
But that reversed somewhat after upbeat U.S. consumer sentiment data lifted stocks.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |