STOCKS NEWS THAILAND-Oishi plunges 21 pct after Q3 loss
Shares in Oishi Group Pcl plunged as much as 21 percent to a three-month low of 160.5 baht after the food and beverage firm reported a third-quarter net loss because of weaker beverage sales in a highly competitive market.
Oishi shares were down 19 percent at 165 baht, while the broader SET index was up 0.17 percent.
The Oishi stock has gained 161 percent so far in 2012, outperforming a 42 percent rise of the food and beverage subindex and a 26 percent gain of the SET index.
Oishi's results missed forecasts, with broker Phillip Securities projecting a net profit of 226 million baht ($7.36 million) for the quarter. "We are reviewing our full-year forecast and may lead to a price target cut," said an analyst at Phillip.
1059 (0402 GMT)
For the company statement, click
(Reporting by Viparat Jantraprap in Bangkok; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu; email@example.com)
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters