US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - S&P 500 rises more than 1 pct
NEW YORK Nov 9 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 rose more than 1 percent on Friday as stocks recovered from declines over the past two days. The Nasdaq was also trading more than 1 percent higher.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 68.59 points, or 0.54 percent, at 12,879.91. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 12.86 points, or 0.93 percent, at 1,390.37. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 33.64 points, or 1.16 percent, at 2,929.22.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote