Malaysia's Maybank Q3 profit up 12.9 pct
KUALA LUMPUR Nov 9 (Reuters) - Malayan Banking Bhd (Maybank), Malaysia's largest lender, said on Friday third-quarter net profit rose 12.9 percent on strong performances across the board.
Net profit for the quarter ended Sept. 30 rose to 1.5 billion ringgit ($489.64 million) from 1.33 billion ringgit in the same quarter a year ago, Maybank said in a statement. Analysts had expected a profit of 1.3 billion ringgit.
Revenue for the quarter climbed 14.8 percent to 6.97 billion ringgit from a year earlier, it said.
($1 = 3.0635 Malaysian ringgit) (Reporting By Yantoultra Ngui; Editing by Matt Driskill)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'