OCBC says keen to boost Greater China, Indonesia ops
SINGAPORE Nov 9 (Reuters) - Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp , Singapore's second-largest lender, said on Friday it was keen to put more resources into Greater China and Indonesia.
OCBC earlier on Friday posted an almost four-fold jump in third quarter net profit, boosted by one-time gains from the sale of stakes in Fraser and Neave and Tiger Beer maker Asia Pacific Breweries.
The Singapore bank, whose biggest overseas operations are in Malaysia, said it planned to invest proceeds from non-core asset sales into its core banking business. (Reporting by Saeed Azhar)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls