Some 434,000 without power after Sandy, nor'easter-US govt
NEW YORK Nov 9 (Reuters) - Some 434,000 U.S. homes and businesses in three states remained without power as of 2 p.m. EST (1900 GMT) Friday afternoon from damages caused by a nor'easter that hit the eastern United States on Wednesday and Hurricane Sandy last week, down nearly 58,000 from Friday morning, the U.S. Department of Energy said in a report.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'