Some 434,000 without power after Sandy, nor'easter-US govt
NEW YORK Nov 9 (Reuters) - Some 434,000 U.S. homes and businesses in three states remained without power as of 2 p.m. EST (1900 GMT) Friday afternoon from damages caused by a nor'easter that hit the eastern United States on Wednesday and Hurricane Sandy last week, down nearly 58,000 from Friday morning, the U.S. Department of Energy said in a report.
- Ukraine president accuses Russian soldiers of backing rebel thrust |
- Video shows Islamic State executes scores of Syrian soldiers |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Comedian Joan Rivers, 81, rushed to New York hospital
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |