Richemont October sales growth slows to 7 pct
* H1 net profit rises to 1.08 bln euros vs 1.04 bln euros in poll
* Sales growth slows to 7 pct in Oct from 12 pct in H1
ZURICH Nov 9 (Reuters) - Luxury goods group Richemont was tight-lipped on its trading outlook on Friday after sales growth slowed to 7 percent at constant exchange rates in October from 12 percent in the first half.
Strong sales growth between April and September helped net profit at the maker of Cartier watches and Montblanc pens soar 52 percent to 1.08 billion euros, the company said in a statement, beating a 1.04 billion forecast in a Reuters poll.
(Reporting by Silke Koltrowitz)
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- Obama says does not yet have broad strategy for Islamic State