STXNEWS LATAM-BNY Mellon gets Brazil banking license
BNY Mellon Corp has received government approval to operate as a bank in Brazil, a local newspaper reported Friday, citing Chief Executive Officer Gerald Hassell.
In the coming months, the world's largest custody bank will begin to add clearing and settlement services to the commercial banking and asset management services it already operates in Brazil, newspaper Valor Economico reported.
"We don't want to be a retail bank," Hassell told Valor in an interview. "We want to serve wholesale clients and offer services to investors."
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients